Astronomy research paper: To the Moon and Back Aug 11, 2018
Astronomy has always been of great interest to people around the world. This science, which deals with the study of galaxies, stars, and other celestial bodies outside the Earth, is an inexhaustible source of various studies. Students of different schools can be assigned to write a paper that is somehow related to the secrets of the space, and one of such academic assignments is preparing various research papers on Astronomy.
Any research on Astronomy can become a real space journey for those students who have a passion for exploring something new and unknown. Even if the result of your study isn't a scientific breakthrough, it can be used in a wide range of fields as well. However, a student who decided to write such a paper should be a confident captain of their spacecraft and not be afraid of challenging tasks. You are to be ready to spend several hours searching for appropriate and exciting materials, structuring your writing and providing your Astronomy research paper with informative and amazing results. What way would be the best to succeed in such writing easily? We suggest you approach it in a step-by-step manner. Consider every stage of preparing your Astronomy research paper, and you will be absolutely confident in the best results. How does a success-guarantee-work-plan look like? What are its major stages?
- formulate a catchy space-based topic
- create an Astronomy research paper outline
- pay attention to the title page of your research
- focus on the writing an abstract
- provide an introduction to interest the audience
- structure and fill the body part well
- shoot for the stars by making up valuable conclusions
Set up your satellites and follow our guidelines - learn how to get your "A+" research paper star!
- Research your topic. The first step for writing a research paper on Astronomy is doing proper research. It can be done by going to the nearest library. The best libraries are often University and College ones. These types of libraries have a wealth of information on almost any subject. The books to look out for are those written by authorities in the field of Astronomy. Depending on your academic requirements, it is always better to go for more recent publications. These are where to get more recent findings on any topic.
- Write an outline. Make an outline of what you know about your topic. Write out all the strong points you can easily recollect. When you make your outline, it is good to bear in mind that a good outline will ensure that you don't deviate from your topic. Bear this in mind while making your outline.
- Title page: make sure your research paper has a distinct title page. The title page carries the topic of the research paper, the name of the author or authors as the case may be and your student registration number. Make sure to get a star-shining title page.
- Abstract: the abstract comes next after the title page. An abstract is a summary of the paper. It tells the reader what the paper is about and what to expect from the research work. It should not be longer than a few sentences.
- Introduction: the introduction should give a general overview of the research paper. It introduces the research paper and should explain to the reader what the writing is about.
- Body: the body of the research paper is the "meat" of the research paper. It is the central part of the research and work you have done Include chapters and sections where possible. Subheading would also be good at this point and help the reader to follow your thoughts easily.
- Conclusion: the conclusion leaves the opinion of the author on the topic. It can also carry recommendations if you have any. The aim is to leave your readers with your final thoughts.
However, this is only basic information. Let's take a closer look at what can be written in the introduction, body part, and conclusions. For example, you are about to write a research paper on a lately discovered star or planet./p>
- Introduction. You have not only to state the fact of discovering a new celestial body, but make the reader interested in it, even if he or she isn't familiar with the subject of astronomy at all. Your task is to describe in a few sentences how exciting and incredible this discovery is, what an important role it plays. Also, state the main question of your research, which the reader will also want to answer. What is the significance of such discovery not only for science but for our life as well? Is it really that important? What consequences can this have?
- Body part. Here you are to study all the materials from a variety of information sources thoughtfully. Be careful - since discovering a new celestial body is a real breakthrough, you can face a vast amount of fake information. In this part of your paper, you can describe how the discovery was made, what equipment was used. Look for interviews with scientists who express their observations and opinions on this matter. The body of your writing can consist of describing several aspects of discovery, but all of them must be cohesive and logically-structured.
- Conclusions. Harvest and summarize all the results. Highlight their key points and answer the introduction question. Conclusions may contain your own point of view, and your task is to provide it with reliable evidence. Also, include in your research paper information and ideas about how this discovery, as well as your research, can affect astronomy and future studies in this area. This way you will provide your work with scientific value. Remember that your main idea should be logically completed in the conclusion part, and there shouldn't be any open questions left.
Here are some basic Astronomy research paper tips:
- The first thing to remember is that when you are writing an astronomy paper, you should collect information, do enough paper research to state all the statements and facts together. It is not something most students like to do, but as part of the syllabus, they run low on options. Hence, the easy way out is to choose a fascinating topic in the field of astronomy, so that information gathering becomes easier.
- The second thing is that the chosen topic should be one that is common and has easy access to information. A lot of students like to go in for something different unless you are interested in astronomy, it is fine or else sticking to something basic is the best thing to do.
- The third thing is to make sure that the structure of the astronomy paper is appropriate. You could go in for the 3 paragraph essay, but it is always better to stick to the 5 paragraph structure as it becomes very informative then.
- The fourth point that can be considered is brainstorming. Even with the information, the student has, sometimes brainstorming adds to the bit and makes the best paper an exciting one.
Great astronomy research paper topics
If the range of astronomy research paper topics you would like to explore in your writing is as infinite as the outer space, we suggest that you consult with the list in which we included the most interesting and discussable astronomy issues.
- Is there life outside the Earth?
- The riddle of Supernova.
- The genesis of the Universe - Big Bang Theory.
- Kepler mission and its contribution to the Astronomy.
- Major space observatories in the world.
- Asking the Solar System questions.
- Apollo 11 Mission.
- NASA Shuttle Program.
- Asteroids and Earth.
- The birth of the universe, evolution, the death of the stars.
- Time and time machine.
- Technological processes in space flight conditions.
- Ecologically clean ultra-light devices for monitoring the state of the environment.
- The doctrine of the noosphere as a new stage in the development of the humankind worldview.
- Use of space technologies for Earth exploration.
- Constellations of the northern sky.
- Modern ground-based optical telescopes.
- The attraction of the star sky.
- Space exploration basic steps.
- Observations of rare astronomical phenomena.
- Are there any planets outside the solar system?
- Investigation of the sunspots motion.
- Earth atmosphere: Development history.
- Theories of the Earth origins.
- Empirical Evidence of the Earth's Rotation.
- Experimental determination of the Moon angular diameter.
- Echo of solar storms.
- The influence of solar activity on the Earth.
- Animals in Space. Flight on geophysical rockets.
- Legends and myths of the starry sky.
Now you know how to make your research paper perfect and what are the essential points of good writing, have a list of eminent astronomy paper topics, and ready to start your space flight. Fasten your belts and be prepared to receive your deserved "A+," good luck! Or, if you need writing help - feel free to get in touch with us at any time! back to all posts