English Essay Writing Tips - Level Up Your Performance
Have you ever thought that writing an essay is pretty much the same as making a hot dog? In fact, it is, and there's hardly any difference between these two processes. Imagine the introduction being the top bun, the body paragraphs - the sausage, and the conclusion - the bottom bun. First, a person bites on the top and bottom buns, which is the introduction and conclusion. Apart from being attention-grabbing and informative, the introduction should also be connected to the conclusion because, like the buns, they hold the essay together. The sausage is a filling - the tastiest part of the hot dog and the very essence of it. Is it challenging to make a hot dog? We suppose, it is not. By analogy, writing an essay is equally easy, isn't it?
However, making a hot dog without a recipe can sometimes be a hassle. And the same goes for the essay. It is, therefore, a good idea to look at the English essay writing tips if you want to achieve a great result. They can help you choose the right topic, structure your text, as well as introduce the thesis and conclusion. So, let's talk about English essay tips.
- Allocate enough time for research and writing. You can not write an essay without having any background information. So, it is essential to research before starting to write and, of course, it requires a lot of time.
- Collect all the sources of information. It is worth collecting all your notes and materials before starting to write. It will be easier to have facts, examples, and evidence on hand because you will have more time for writing.
- Choose the most favorite topic. To write about what you like or interested in is more enjoyable than to write about boring things. So, you should consider choosing the topic that is exciting for you.
- Think about what you want to include. It is better to make a plan and think about the details that you want to add before writing an essay. It will make your writing more structured.
- Start to write. Maybe the most challenging thing is to start doing something, especially when you don't know how to do it. Make an effort and begin to write. You will see that after some time it will be easier to proceed.
- Write a clear thesis. The thesis is the purpose of the essay written in one sentence. It helps the reader understand the whole essay. So, having a clearly-formulated thesis can make all the difference.
- Develop ideas. Try not to omit any interesting details. You should always try and make your essay more in-depth and meaningful.
- Write a short but comprehensible conclusion. The purpose of the conclusion is to sum up the whole essay. It means that it includes the brief information which was mentioned before.
- Don't procrastinate. You should not postpone finishing your essay until the very last minute because you will not have time to re-read and improve it. It is always better to relax for two days after writing an essay and then check it with a clear head. Maybe you will come up with some amazing ideas?
- Pay a lot of attention to the content. Focus not only on grammar and punctuation but also on the content of the essay because this is what the readers are interested in.
- Ask someone to read your essay. Sometimes it is very difficult to spot your own mistakes. You can, of course, reread the essay several times but that is no guarantee that you will be able to detect all of them. In this case, having your friend or groupmate read it will be a smart decision because they may know something better or just can be pickier than you are.
Use our tips to improve your writing and make it "tastier."
English essays are easier than you think!
All you need to do in order to succeed in writing an English essay is be patient and attentive. Read up on every teaching material you can. Expand your vocabulary, watch some educational videos, attentively study all the instructions you teacher provided. Because even the most intelligent writing can be undermined by neglecting to follow the proper English essay format. Don't think that styling your essay properly is way too dull and bothersome! Failing to follow format requirements can lead to losing precious points! Essay writing is not about fancy words only; it's also about your ability to conform to the excepted standards of academic writing guidelines.
But of course, knowing how to structure your essay correctly plays a significant part in getting a perfect mark, so let's get on to that!
How to start
The first paragraph of the essay is called the introduction. Its primary purpose is, you guessed it, to introduce the essay to the reader making them want to learn more about the contents of your paper. But how do you make an English essay introduction informative and compelling? Where do you start? You can begin by citing an unknown quotation/funny anecdote or denying a well-established fact. This should be followed by the thesis which explains your attitude towards the idea. Then, you should provide a small outline, telling the reader what they are going to read about further. The introduction should be short but catchy.
The body paragraphs
In the body paragraphs, the writer should dwell on the ideas dealt with at the beginning of the essay. As mentioned above, the body paragraphs can be compared to a sausage inside a hot dog. They should be informative and extremely "tasty," each of them including one idea and its explanation, examples, or evidence.
And the bottom line
In the conclusion, you sum up the whole essay. Being quite similar to the introduction, it explains the importance of your topic or makes future predictions. Remember that your conclusion should be as clear and concise as possible.
10 English essay topics
If you don't know what to write about, have a look at the proposed topics. Maybe you'll find one to your liking?
- Can we judge people by their photos on social media?
- How safe is it to get a tattoo?
- Can tattoo-making be considered an art form?
- Why is visiting the gym becoming trendy?
- Which impact does virtual reality have on people?
- Is it possible to become immortal?
- 3D-printing and surgeries.
- Why are children addicted to tablets and IPads?
- How can teenagers be friends with their parents?
- Can films replace books?
Get help from a high-quality service
Before writing an essay, you should choose a topic you are interested in, do thorough research and then jot down an outline. Only after that can you start writing. Don't forget that an essay is like a hot dog - it should have an engaging introduction (the top bun), meaningful body paragraphs (a tasty sausage) and the conclusion (the bottom bun). However, if you cannot "make a hot dog by yourself," contact our company, and we will "cook" it for you!
If after reading our tips you are still unsure that you can write an exciting essay, or you have no time to spare, you should consider contacting our writing service. Our professional writers can provide help with writing an English essay at any stage of the process. Don't hesitate to contact us whenever you wish! We are available 24/7.