Coursework Assistance: Citation Styles and Paper Formats Peculiarities
A Coursework is the work assigned to a student during the course of his/ her study for evaluating the student's grade in the course. It contributes towards their overall grade which is assessed separately from their final examination. Courseworks may include some form of research or experimental works and comprise essays, reports and dissertations. Although the students are allowed here to use notes, text books and internet for their research, there are many coursework assistance
services available to complete your work with quality information and proper facts to impress your teachers displaying your learning and writing ability.
Citation Style in Coursework
Proper citations in a coursework are very important. Citations may be defined as the recognition of a source or person who has contributed some information or fact in the coursework. The student must cite or mention all the sources of information used in his/ her report. There are various accepted citation formats and styles, the most commonly used formats are MLA and APA. The professors rarely specify a specific type but give you the liberty to pick up the best that you think is the most appropriate. You can either add these citations within your text or at the end.
A poor citation virtually ensures a poor grade and you will be a subject to plagiarism. As we have known earlier that citation has many styles and formats, they each reflects different priorities with regards to authors, style, periods and date, readability, etc. Some of the most commonly accepted styles of citation are:
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- ASA (American Sociological Association)
Each style of citation comes with own advantages and disadvantages. When selecting a particular style for your coursework, pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Let us have a look at their individual style:
- MLA style is most suitable as coursework assistance in addition of a bibliography in alphabetical order at the end.
- Oxford citation style is excellent for print, non-print and electronic sources when used and added as end notes or footnotes.
- ASA style of formats is used for citing referenced materials that are included as endnotes and footnotes at the bottom of each page.
- Harvard system of citation for referencing materials is used in-text citation followed by a reference list at the end of the coursework.
- APA is mostly suitable for in-text citations to the reference material.
As you know there are different acceptable citation styles in coursework writing
, unless your professor prefers a specific style you can pick up the style you feel most comfortable. You may not have enough time to learn a particular style completely and then incorporate the same in your coursework. There are many expert coursework assistance writing services that are masters in their field, are ready to provide you valuable help.
Few useful tips for coursework writing:
- Keep up with your assignments with regular attendance in classes
- Seek help from peers
- Try to write easy to understand professional executive summary
- Focus on the subject
- Use graphics, picture speaks a thousand words and illustrates you points better
- Edit, revise and proofread
Paper Formats Peculiarities
If coursework is compulsory in an academic career, it is always better to understand and learn the coursework format and style that the student need to follow for presenting an assignment. You should always keep in mind that the styling and format of all academic assignments
are not same-a general understanding is never enough, each has its own.
Every coursework writing is based on some basic paper pages, they are given below:
- Title Page: This is the most important part of the assignment as it describes the subject properly in this section. Avoid inverted commas or any punctuation mark in the title page.
- Outline Page: It follows the title page, shows the general data about the coursework. These pages are comprehensive of proper summary of the subject, foreword and reviews.
- Paper Body: It contains the understanding and analysis on the conducted research.
- Work Cited Page: It follows Paper Body and includes all references used in the body of the paper.
- Appendix Pages: It includes Chart, Diagrams and Tables at the end of coursework.
If you follow Harvard paper format you have to use Times New Roman style, with text size of 12 points with double spacing. APA format is popular among American and Canadian writers; here you may use Times New Arial or Roman style with text size of 10-12 points. In APA, the students have to write their names in the right hand corner, followed by instructor's name, subject and then title of the term paper.
Some educational institutions may have particular rules on paper format. In case of any doubt you should consult your advisor or seek the help of coursework assistance. Understanding these requirements is more important than getting lost in different writing styles.